[Chatbot Software Solutions] Providing Your Business with the Best Customer Service Experience 
What Is a Chatbot?
A chatbot is also known as a chat robot or talk bot. Other names for it include chatterbot.
Formerly, chatbots were called A.L.I.C.E (Artificial Linguistic Internet Computer Entity) Alice bot. That is because the technology was first tested on a computer that was named Alice. Two of the well-known chat-bot services are Alexa from Amazon and Siri from Apple. These are examples of consumer-oriented, data-driven, predictive AI chatbots.
With NLP and machine learning, these computer programs for websites can process the received input and understand what the user wants to ask. Based on that, they can determine a suitable answer to the question.
History of Chatbots
Here is a rundown of influential characters in chatbot history.
- Mitsuku – the chatbot that was started to be developed in 2005. She and her creator bagged the Leobner Prize in 2013, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- Tay –Tay entered Twitter in 2016 to interact and learn from Twitter users. Unfortunately, she learned inappropriate language and terms and offensive content from them. She left Twitter because of that.
- Siri and Alexa – Siri was released in 2010 and Alexa in 2015. Both of them are voice-controlled chatbots.
- IBM Watson –IBM Watson’s purpose was to answer questions asked in natural language. This chatbot won the quiz show Jeopardy in 2011 and earned the admiration of stakeholders in the industry.
- ALICE – This chatbot came to life in 1995 and was one of the earliest chatbots to display NLP and an early form of AI.
- ELIZA – Created from 1964 to 1966, The principles behind the creation of ELIZA lay the foundation for future chatbots. In particular, ELIZA laid the foundation for the use of pre-programmed responses and keywords.
Chatbot Learning: How Does a Chatbot Work?
How Chatbot software solutions provide suitable answers is simple. The developer creates a chatbot knowledge base for which they train the system.
Training a chatbot is easy. The developer chooses a common question and trains the chatbot to recognize it. The chatbot can then provide a suitable answer from the knowledge base list.
Once the suitable answer is set live, the chatbot can reply to each customer asking a matching question. The more suitable answers a chatbot can provide, the more time customer service teams can save.
If you need to know chatbot examples to get more idea of how the system works and benefits businesses, check out these top brands:
- Baby Centre UK
- Whole Foods
- NatGeo Genius
Check out these brands on how they deliver first-customer touch, provide support 24/7, serve multiple customers simultaneously, and qualify sales leads.
Alternatively, take advantage of our chatbot free trial and see how competitive our chatbot framework is against other providers. We offer an easy-to-use platform that allows clients to create a chatbot fast.
With our platform, you will use a communication tool equipped with a user-friendly interface. Also, the drag-and-drop editor allows you to place interactions in different parts of the story.
Chatbot Software Solutions Features
- Life-testing – This feature allows you to test your chatbot before launching it on your site.
- Conversation archive – Browse through past conversations to check if they went as you planned. You are free to tweak pre-programmed conversations if needed.
- Training section – This feature helps you in identifying non-matching phrases. You can then add them to interactions where they should properly be placed.
Thanks to this feature, you can train your chatbot to get it better prepared for future chatbot questions and make it better understand chatbot intents.
Intent refers to the purpose of the customer when inputting a question or comment. The intent is a critical aspect of chatbot functionality. The ability of a chatbot to analyze a sentence and its parts and describe the parts’ syntactic roles will determine the success of the interaction.
- Dual matching systems – We use the machine learning system and keywords system for matching.
- Easy-to-use templates.
- Cloning tool –This feature allows you to copy ready parts of the story. You can use copied chunks in other parts of your story.
- Message enrichment – Your chatbot can answer customer questions not only using text. The system also allows the inclusion of images, go-to instructions, images, transfer, and webhooks in the response.
Chatbot Market Size:
How Prevalent Is the Use of Chatbots?
Current chatbot statistics on usage show that more and more companies will use a chatbot in the coming years. There will be an increase of 31.7% in chatbot usage for the next five years, and if this projection is accurate, 80% of companies will be using a chatbot on their websites in the future.
Chatbot research also shows that the sentiment of using such customer communication systems in businesses is favorable. According to a study, more than 70% of businesses agree that a chatbot helps customers resolve their issues. From these respondents, 40% say that they intend to use customer-facing AI for self-service in the coming years.
Chatbot e-Learning: Do All Chatbots Use AI?
Not all chatbot programs use AI. Those that are typically rule-based do not use AI. On the other hand, an AI chatbot or, chatbot, is powered by artificial intelligence and can understand and respond properly to human communication. Chatbot AI uses machine learning, the ability of AI that makes chatbots smarter over time.
With AI powering these programs, chatbot uses have been becoming more and more sophisticated in businesses over the years. One study found that 46% of large companies that use the technology use it for voice and text dictation, while 14% use it for customer service.
Some companies also use chatbots in collaborative work. These chatbots can monitor conversations among teams and provide data at relevant points in the conversation. In the future, the technology is projected to be able to propose tactics and strategies for dealing with business problems.
Today, organizations are becoming more comfortable with chatbot integration and feel confident that it can help them improve efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Advantages of Chatbots
Using chatbot software solutions for business brings a lot of advantages. It does not only answer queries. It can also provide value-driven support. But the best of all, chatbot advantages businesses have to prioritize is the provision of a personalized experience to the user.
The benefits for your business include:
- Efficient lead generation, qualification, and nurture – A chatbot allows you to capture leads and engage with them right away.
- Increased sales –Introduce your products and provide additional information on promos via your chatbot.
- Deeper understanding of your customers – You can collect customer information with your chatbot. Data collection can be done via a friendly chatbot conversation.
- Cost savings –Investments in chatbots are comparably lower. Your business no longer needs to hire agents. In addition, you do not have to spend money on new infrastructure and onboarding.
- Increased interaction with your target audience –A chatbot can reach your audience on various channels. You can place chatbots on your website, on messaging apps, or on social media.
- Humanization of your brand –Your chatbot can be an effective way to communicate your values and beliefs.
Chatbot benefits for your customers
A chatbot will improve the way you engage with your customers:
- 24-hour availability – Your customers can engage with you anytime, anywhere. That way, communication with your customers continues and is never broken, improving customer satisfaction.
- Personalization – Using a chatbot is a signal to your customers that you want to get to know them and engage with them on a personal level, builds trust.
- Consistent answers – Chatbots are centrally-managed platforms to give the correct information each time, increases reliability and credibility.
|You all know that chatbots are a new technology altogether. It’s like the early age of the Web. Things are still shaky yet growing at the speed of light. – Rashid Khan (Build Better Chatbots)|
Chatbot software solutions B2B Provider:
How to Choose the Best Chatbot Website System, Provider
Because of the success of chatbot systems, many tech companies have developed their own versions and frameworks. With so many options available, you may have a difficult time choosing the best provider for your company.
Look for specific attributes. Features like having an AI-driven system and ease of use should be top priorities. Make sure that you request a chatbot demo before sealing a deal with a service provider. That will help you assess compatibility with your processes.
For instance, you want to know how to make and customize a chatbot. Also, you would like to check how it will respond to certain questions relevant to your business. Then you want to know if the chatbot can be trained per your business.
If applicable to your business, here are some chatbot examples questions to use in the training:
- User: I need to reset my password immediately. (Chatbot answers: Sure! Please type in your email address, Richard.).
- User: firstname.lastname@example.org (Chatbot answers: Noted. Kindly check password-reset instruction in your email.).
Chatbot Software Solutions Providers
Chatbot software solutions providers should be able to show such a capability to respond with a suitable answer through their chatbot.
Additionally, check the following capabilities:
- Ability to relieve loads of tasks off your shoulders
Your chatbot can provide smart and quick help for your visitors and customers. That means fast resolutions of issues and increased conversions.
- Ability to set up workflows without coding hassle
Your sales team does not need expert coding knowledge to get started and can create a customized workflow in just a couple of steps. Also, it is easy to repurpose your chatbot workflow based on your changing chatbot requirements.
- Ability to provide round-the-clock support
Businesses cannot have human customer support agents active 24/7 and 365 days a year. Chatbots should be able to work tirelessly regardless of the hour.
- Ability to satisfy customers and visitors with answers
Your chatbot can help develop trust among your target audience by providing the right information when your customers need it. Ensure that your chatbot is unambiguous when supplying answers to queries.
- Ability to keep track of KPIs
You want to know what is working and what is not working in your chatbot program, and a premium chatbot maker can provide such details through their system.
At the very least, the system can provide you data about the “most-asked questions,” which can help you craft the best self-help posts for your target customers.
In addition, the system can also give you data about the issues that have been resolved and those that were not resolved.
Chatbot companies know that these data from interactions are helpful for their own target audience. In addition to the ability to gather and organize data from customer interactions, a well-designed chatbot can “like” customer comments automatically, resulting in increased engagement and customer satisfaction.
Furthermore, it can collect customer data as the conversation takes place. You can use the information gathered from conversations for communicating or retargeting campaigns.
Chatbot Functional Requirements
There are two ways to develop a chatbot:
- DIY by using a special platform
- Hiring a development team
Implementing AI algorithms, machine learning, and natural language understanding, a chatbot online business framework can make this tool more intelligent than it already is. However, the functional requirements are not the same for every business.
Some of the areas of functionality to consider when setting up a chatbot on the website include:
- The context or the use of the chatbot
Your primary reason might be that you want to improve your bounce rate or increase your leads. With the addition of chatbots on websites, visitors stay engaged for longer, and when visitors linger browsing, conversion rates improve as a result.
There are more cherries to the pie. Identify the primary tasks that you want your chatbot to do.
- Answer customer queries?
- Book appointments?
- Provide product information?
- Take payments? Etc.
The ways to reap benefits for your business are endless.
- The Platforms: The best places to put your chatbots
There are many options for this. One of them is to put your chatbot prominently on your website inside a chat window. If hosted by WordPress (WP), it only takes a couple of steps to integrate a chatbot WordPress system on your site.
- Go to your WP dashboard and click Plugins.
- Click Add New.
- Type the URL of the provider and search it from the list located on the right side of the screen.
- Click the name of the provider. Once the plugin has been installed, click the Activate button.
You can also use Facebook Messenger as another platform. Chatbot messenger is implemented through Facebook’s ChatFuel feature. This feature allows businesses to create chatbots on Messenger. No technical knowledge or coding experience is required.
Another platform to consider is Salesforce. Chatbot Salesforce integration will allow you to improve your team and customer service.
With this platform, you have a tool for coaching your agents with private messaging. Also, you can monitor your team’s queues, balance their workloads, tap into their metrics, and use instant messaging sessions with them.
Salesforce enhances customer service with their chatbot live chat. This feature works in-app or online, allowing you to chat with your customers anytime based on their actions on your website.
Plus, you can deliver chat around the world with multilingual support. All of these are possible with Salesforce’s AI-powered chatbot service.
These are some of the channels you can use. Consider where your customer traffic is coming from and pick that channel.
Vernacular: Train your e-commerce chatbot with the appropriate language to use
It is easy to begin using a chatbot in one language, depending on the number of languages used on your website. If your business targets an English audience only, then train your chatbot in English. The same goes for other one-language websites.
If your website targets multiple languages belonging to the same language group, you will have to use the language that is used the most.
Let us say you are using both Russian and Latvian on your website. These two languages belong in the same family of languages, so you need to choose between them.
The one you choose will be the language you should first teach your chatbot. All the linguistic aspects of the training should be done in that language, including chatbot commands. Afterward, take all the lessons you have learned in that language to succeeding iterations (other important languages).
However, if all the languages your website uses are equally-crucial to your business, you can opt to include all chatbots covering all those languages. The process of training multiple chatbots for multiple languages involves language detection.
Chatbot e-Commerce: Creating a Compelling Business Case for Using a Chatbot for Marketing
Just as social media was proclaimed to be a crucial function for any business, chatbots are now heralded as a necessary paradigm shift for customer engagement and satisfaction. Every brand needs to have a messaging bot, as much as they need to have a Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter presence.
|Let your customers know that they are talking to a chatbot. Modern customers rank transparency as a top priority, so tell your customers right away about this.|
To build a compelling chatbot business case for your finance department, you will have to be clear about the benefits that these systems bring, namely:
- Quick emergency answers
- Ability to forward issues to appropriate human handlers
- Complaint resolution
- Mailing and phone lists or subscriptions (chatbot for local businesses targeting local consumers)
- Bookings or reservations
- Purchase inspiration
- Visitors wanting detailed answers or explanations
If you are smart, you can talk about creating a chatbot aligned to KPIs. Setting periodic targets and gauging the value against key indicators can be forceful reasons to cite for building a compelling business case for even the shrewdest of financial teams.
Chatbot e-Commerce Startup: Best Chatbot Software Solutions Practices
Here are Chatbot software solutions best practices to provide a humanlike chatting experience to customers:
- Let your customers know that they are talking to a chatbot – Modern customers rank transparency as a top priority, so tell your customers right away about this. Try not to get personal details before the chat begins, and move forward as the customer dictates.
- Always add a human touch to every conversation. How to do that is a multi-million dollar question among strategists. At the very least, your chatbot should use words and phrases that people use in their everyday routine conversations.
Also, the conversation should be continued back and forth. If your chatbot fails to do that, you will lose customers and fail to generate revenue.
- Update your chatbot. That means feeding it with new content and real customer data regularly. That way, it is always ready for novel questions and works with enhanced efficiency. In the same way, alter the responses that are not appropriate in the conversation.
Symptoms that your chatbot needs updating include:
- Failure to answer common questions
- Giving bad responses
- Failure to identify when shifting the query to a human agent is necessary
- Getting unfavorable user feedback.
Are you looking for chatbot software solutions? We are here to help.
We trust in the power of chatbot systems. We can help you effectively use chatbot tools and competencies.
Our goal is to turn your aspiration into reality as we put in place a chatbot system for your business. We will take care of all the details, including chatbot design and other technical aspects.
|Take advantage of our chatbot free trial and see how competitive our chatbot framework is against other providers. We offer an easy-to-use platform that allows clients to create a chatbot fast.|
With our Chatbot software solutions app and services, your business can:
- Use customized chatbots based on your goals.
- Communicate and engage with your customers fast.
- Resolve customer needs and issues like a human would.
- Grow your business without putting too much dent in your budget.
Our chatbot software will transform your business using AI. We use the following technology in developing our software:
- Machine Learning technology
This technology makes our app accurate in predicting outcomes.
- Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP)
This technology provides the best messaging medium between you and your customers who use your chatbot.
Our programmers continuously update their data set. It means that our clients can provide suitable answers to customer queries through their chatbots all the time.
Provide an escalation path for your chatbot to revert to when the question gets too complex for it to handle.
This Chatbot software solutions blog post walked you through the details on why businesses must use chatbots for generating leads and providing premium customer support services.
We are a leading chatbot-system provider, so with us, you can learn many things about these systems, which we write and post about regularly. Drop by on our site to read new articles at your convenient time.